Cc: External Affairs (http://www.ccexternalaffairs.com/) has been retained by The Committee for Economic Development to conduct this search for this vital opening on their team. For immediate consideration please send your resume, cover letter, and salary history in a WORD.docx format to email@example.com using the subject line: “CED Foundations Director.”
Director of Foundation Relations
The Committee for Economic Development of The Conference Board (CED) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, business-led public policy organization that delivers well-researched analysis and reasoned solutions to our nation’s most critical issues. CED’s work is based on seven core principles: sustainable capitalism, long-term economic growth, efficient fiscal and regulatory policy, competitive and open markets, a globally competitive workforce, equal economic opportunity, and nonpartisanship in the nation’s interest. CED's research findings are disseminated widely, achieving tangible impact at the local, state, and national levels.
The Director of Foundation Relations will serve as the head of our foundation fundraising program. In collaboration with the Executive Vice President, they will create and execute an annual fundraising plan to secure foundation and corporate funding. The Director will work with internal and external partners to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward relationships with funders, ensuring the success of organizational programs and strengthening CED’s position in the donor community.
· Reporting to and in collaboration with the Executive Vice President, create an annual fundraising plan to secure corporate and private foundation grants, including renewals, upgrades, and donors, that supports institutional priorities.
· Serve as the CED’s head of foundation fundraising, proactively build and manage a comprehensive and innovative fundraising efforts.
· Develop and manage a calendar of deadlines for proposals, reports, and other communications with current and prospective foundation funders.
· Prepare grant proposals, letters of inquiry, reports, and other correspondence as required by corporate and private foundations.
· Work with development and finance teams on program budgets and financial reports.
· Engage and support leadership, expert staff, colleagues, and other constituents on fundraising goals and initiatives.
· Effectively position and support the Executive Vice President to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward gifts.
· Proactively manage a personal portfolio of prospects for the foundation pipeline.
· Oversee systems to ensure effective stewardship and reporting.
· Communicate regularly with foundation funders and prospects about events, outreach activities and other initiatives.
· Work with CED’s communications department to ensure that our organizational website highlights funded grant initiatives and conduct social media efforts designed to connect more closely with the foundation community.
Skills and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Five to seven years of Foundation Relations experience with proven track record of success
· Experience securing and managing corporate and private foundation grants
· Ability to articulate organization’s programs to the external partners
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across departments to compile information on program activities, accomplishments, and plans
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Experience translating complex policy issues to program goals and objectives
· Knowledge of corporate and private foundation community
· Experience running a development or foundations relations program.
CED offers a competitive salary based on experience. CED also provides a generous package and a meaningful and fulfilling mission. For more information on CED programs and policies, please visit www.ced.org.